Monday, January 9, 2012

An Apple a day?

If an apple a day keeps the doctor away, what do you do when your Apple product needs the doctor?

My iMac has been acting up for the past couple of months. It will randomly shut down, which is especially annoying if I'm working on something. I took it into the Genius Bar last week, where they kept it for three days and replaced the power supply. The next day, it shut down again on me.

I realize that people are just people and mistakes will be made. However, it's a definite disappointment to me when the lines of communication get crossed so that a consumer will get a different answer with each employee she talks to. It went from an easy fix to a hard one, from Friday to Sunday and from the power supply to the motherboard and then back to the power supply. To top it all off, the Apple store is now so crammed that the employees will sometimes continually pawn you off on other employees, which just means that customers try innovative ways of getting their attention (read: jumping in front of them and stealing the show from their next customer.)

Apple is not impressing me at the current moment. When did it become about churning and burning people in and out instead of decent customer contact and care?

The good: I called Apple Support to ask what I should do now. The person on the other end of the phone was hilarious and understanding, which eased the situation a bit.

The bad: Upon calling SimplyMac in Orem, I was unable to talk to someone. Please explain to me why you have an automated system with numbers to connect you to different departments when the system will not recognize you pressing any of the options.

Interesting. I sense a story in this.

No comments:

Post a Comment