Sunday, October 24, 2010

Once in a lifetime.

This morning I got to sing with the Mormon Tabernacle Choir, and it was amazing. I really don't think I can eloquently describe how amazing it was, to be able to be under the direction of Mac Wilburg and singing right next to a row of sopranos in the Tabernacle, hearing our voices bounce off the walls and then waiting, quietly, alert, at the end of the song for the recording manager to tell us that we could relax. Brother Bryan gave thanks to the Choir on behalf of all of us, and reminded them that the 100 in attendance were from all over the world, and all over the states, to come and be a part of this experience. Indeed, many in the company were converts, and first generation members to go to a CES school. Let me just say, the Spirit was very strong, and I was very grateful for that experience.

As if things weren't surreal enough to sing with the Choir, a manager announced that a friend of theirs from New York wanted to come and say "hi" to us. We watched as David Archuleta came on the stage and said hi, and waved to all of us. Now, granted--I was not one of the people gasping and twittering excitedly about his appearance, but it was neat nonetheless.

I'm going to be receiving a copy of the performance, and when I do, I'll try to post it on here for you to see. This is a day to remember, for sure!

1 comment:

  1. Wow that is an awesome chance of a life time! How did you manage something so grand?

    ReplyDelete