Monday, December 13, 2010

What is this, Santa's workshop?











I had this brilliant idea to make gift bags full of baked goods for Christmas gifts. I say this somewhat sarcastically, because, as per usual, I went overboard and tried to do way to much in way too little of a time frame. However, I have decided that the next place I'm in for any prolonged period of time will need a kitchen with enough counter space for me to bake--along with a small television and/or stereo, a KitchenAid, Mastering the Art of French Cooking, and a cute retro apron. I'm hoping this plays out for me in the next year. I want that KitchenAid.

I might even talk like Julia Child. In fact, I might even de-bone a duck!

I decided to make cake balls (chocolate, chocolate peppermint, vanilla peppermint, and red velvet) along
with gingerbread men (or as Amber called them, my gingerbread alien ar
my,) banana chocolate chip muffins, pumpkin
bread, and snickerdoodles.

There were so many baked goods in our kitchen I didn't know what to do with myself. Then the wrapping came, and in the wee hours of the morning when I should have been sleeping, I thought I saw an elf run by. Hallucination, or extra help? You decide.

In any case, I have an apartment that smells like a bakery and a roommate reaping the benefits of my holiday stress cooking.

No comments:

Post a Comment