Friday, October 15, 2010

A Study in Contrasts.

I'm a dichotomy; a walking and talking antinomy, a breathing incongruity. This is a study in contrasts, in the complex and yet oh-so-simple nature of me:

I think out loud and love to talk, yet have many times where I prefer to be alone with my thoughts. I value intellectualism and am sometimes seen as harsh, yet I daily where my heart on my sleeve. I may seem disconnected, even icy, yet the intensity of my love for people around me sometimes breaks my heart when I'm met with disappointment. I'm articulate, yet oftentimes stop mid-sentence, confused at the eighteen trains of thought my mind has currently going through its Grand Central Station. I'm not girly, yet I love lip gloss, hair products, and walking around Sephora. I love people yet choose to be alone a fair amount of time. I'm incredibly diligent and on task with goals that I have, yet will literally waste hours of time staring at the wall instead of doing things on my to-do list. I'm intimidating, yet scared to do a number of things. I'm very expressive, yet keep so much under the surface that no one ever sees. And on, and on, and on.

Accommodation is key here. We must present ourselves in a certain way, be certain things, to achieve certain ends. Sometimes it calls for one to be a chameleon, in a sense. That's all right with me. I've got plenty of contradictions to go around.

No comments:

Post a Comment